Monday, April 26, 2010

Less than a month...

...until the first triathlon of the season.  Crazy to think I know!  And honestly I don't feel prepared.  Yes I have a large base built, but I didn't have a great weekend of training and now I need to commit!  I did get some decent riding in this weekend, but for some reason I couldn't get out the door and get my running done.  So I had a little pep talk with myself.  I know what I want to accomplish, and the only person standing in my way is myself.  Why not me right?  Things have been a little crazy lately, and I have been kind of using some of them as an excuse to slack off on training.  Well there will be no more slacking off.  I have always worked harder than most, and that's what I have to do to be successful...so hard work here I come!

I'm fully committing to the goals that I have for this season, and that committment starts now.  Yep, not tomorrow, or next week, or next month.  I know this is going to be a long racing season and because of that I've been using it as a way to justify skipping a workout or to lessen the intensity on others.  I know what needs to be done to accomplish my goals, now it's time to put that plan into action.

I did ride quite a bit this weekend, Saturday morning I led a group ride out of Endure It Willowbrook, and then headed out on my own for a bit longer which put me at around 3.5 hours worth of riding.  I hit up the mountain bike yesterday, which was a nice shock to my system.  The thing I really need to focus on though is the run.  My bike is solid, my swim...well I don't drown, but I need to have my run improve.  It's touchy though because that is sport where injuries are the most prevalent.  I don't like running in the mornings, but it's something that's going to need to happen.  It's almost May so what that means is a 4:00 a.m. wake up call multiple times a week is definitely a possibility now, and if that's what it's going to take, that's what I have to do.  Tomorrow that's what it's going to take.  Working out at night (unless it's masters swimming) just doesn't work for me...so I am going to get it done in the morning.  Tonight will consist of an hour long run, and masters swimming.  I'm glad I made dinner last night in the crock pot so that I can just reheat it in between.

I did lift today, which was a nice shock as well, I feel good, and stronger that I thought I'd be, I just need to be consistent and get into the weightroom 3 times a week!

No comments: