Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mothers Day & Barrington Ride

Sorry for the delay in the Mothers Day wishes, but I figured my mom would rather see me in person than just read some blog.  It was really nice to spend the day with my family, we did miss Katie though.  It was a nice and relaxing day which started with apple pancakes from Walker Bros.  I haven't had one for a while, and what a nice treat, they even had some ready to go so that was an extra bonus.

So my mom is pretty awesome, not only do I say this because it was mothers day yesterday, but how many mom's would want to take time during their special day to ride a bike next to me while I ran for 14 miles?  And she did it with a smile the whole time, talking to me to help me dull the pain...there was a lot of pain yesterday.  I was in pain at about mile 4 and really wanted to turn around, but I kept to it, and she was there the whole time offering me water when I needed it, but at the same time not offering it to me too often to make me feel like I was sucking.  Although it wasn't a pretty run, I did get 14 miles in at a 6:35 pace so I'm happy with the results.  I just wish I would have felt a little better.  Not to worry though, after my mom did say that she noticed I was hurting early on, she just didn't want to say anything.  It's nice too because I know she'll hold me accountable.  I had jumped on the trainer for an hour before my run and if I would stop for any reason...like to refill my water bottle...she would say something like, "Get on your bike, why are you stopping?"  I guess my mom wants to go to Kona just as bad as I do...Thanks Mom!!!!!

Saturday was a fun filled day which started at 4:00 a.m. to get ready to ride up in Barrington.  I had never done this ride, but had heard a lot about it.  We met there at 6:00 a.m. and rolled out.  It was cold, but sunny and we thought the rain had all moved out.  About 30 minutes later the clouds started...and 30 minutes later the drizzle started...30 minutes later it's pouring, I'm freezing and we are only half way.  After a quick pitstop in Hebron, home of the 1952 High School State Basketball Champions and 2010 3rd place Bass Fishing Teams, we made our way back.  The ride back was less windy, making it faster.  The route was awesome and we got some solid riding time in.  I felt good the whole time, so let's hope things are shaping up well for the season.

Saturday afternoon my parents came over and my dad helped me to hang some new interior doors in my house.  Wow what a difference!!  It's like I have a brand new house, they still need to be painted and I have to get some door knobs to put on, but they look awesome.  It's awesome to have my dad help me do these things because not only does it save money, but I get to learn how to do all sorts of cool things, and the right way to fix something.  Thanks Dad!!!!!!  I'll get some pictures taken soon and I'll put them up.  Oh yea and I'll have a new project to work on very soon.

No comments: