Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coming up for air...

So I feel like I've been super swamped for the past few weeks, and it doesn't look like there is an end any time soon.  I'm amazed that I've been able to continue to get workouts in, and think the fact that my time is so structured that I'm forced to get workouts in when I can.  Though they aren't as long as I would like them to be, I'm hoping the frequency of workouts will help.  If not, another lesson learned.

I was lucky enough yesterday to get a surprise package from the best sponsor ever...Zoot.  I was at home and the dogs started going nuts...well as it turns out the Fed Ex guy came (Fed Ex only comes on Tues/Thurs...at least those are the only times I've ever seen them come).  The Fed Ex guy walked up with a box of shoes from Zoot.  It's always nice to get a surprise package, and the new Zoot Speed 2.0's are awesome!!!  They feel much better than last years (which were great don't get me wrong), they are still laceless, but feel like your foot doesn't slip around at all.  Can't wait to get into race season to give these shoes an honest effort.

Training has been going well, and I am convinced that there is a direct correlation with my running pace and my weight.  I mean it makes sense that if I'm lighter I'm faster right?  No I'm not going to go and get crazy "runner" skinny, but I have realized that by not eating sweets my runs have been much better.  So maybe it's a combination of what I'm eating along with how much I weigh.  Or maybe it's just my fitness increasing...who knows, but for now I think I'm going to stay off of the sweets (well maybe a little something here and there) and see how that goes.

I have some great Go Pro footage from our trip out to California, so I'll try to get something put together for that soon.

1 comment:

African Mango Plus said...

It's so refreshing to find articles like the ones you post on your site. Very informative reading.