Monday, June 10, 2013

Ironman Kansas 70.3 Race Report

Quite a while back Beert and I decided we were going to head back to Kansas to race.  At the time it sounded like an awesome idea (which it was).  

I'm going to keep this short as I'm typing it on my phone laying in bed the morning after the race, still in Kansas waiting for keating to wake up so we can hit the road.

Overall, I ended up kind of where I expected to.  I did race faster than I ever have at the 70.3 distance which is a plus.

Swim - 28:54 (or right around there)

Bike - 2:16:xx (not bad for a hilly course. And I saw some awesome power numbers)

Run - 1:23:xx (better than expected, but not where I want to be)

Overall 4:13:09 which was 12th overall, 4th amateur, and 3rd M30-34...yea can you say fast age group??

Thank you to all of my supporters and sponsors, especially Brit, Mom & Dad, Zoot, Ceepo, Gu, and L3 Endurance


My FAST Ceepo Viper


Kind of a cool award


Podium

4 comments:

Carolina John said...

Holy cow 4th ameteur and 3rd place AG? wow. that is very competitive.

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Rick! Great job! It was a gorgeous course. - Chrisann

David Jewell said...

Nice Race Rick!

The Bruised Banana said...

- My name is Kenrick Smith (a fellow triathlete - you can find me at www.k17sport.com) Awesome finish in Kansas! I wanted to reach out to you and invite you to become a contributor on a new website I am starting-The Bruised Banana. Our website www.thebruisedbanana.com was started so that all of us as triathletes would have a central hub to share our websites, blogs, race reports so that we could support each other and learn from one another. I've always enjoyed reading others race reports and wanted to centralize them so that if someone wanted to look up a certain race they were planning on doing they could look and see what others had to say and what their experience was. We have them organized by region and then by race. I also thought it would be wonderful to have a platform for triathletes to share their blogs, sponsors, etc. If you would be interested in contributing that would be great!
As for the race reports you can send them to us on a Word document or you could send over the specific links, from your blog, for each race report you want posted (the more the better)and we can pull the reports right from your blog.
We also have a page called The Peel which features information like coaching tips, race strategy, training tips, so if there are any articles that you would like to submit please forward me them and I can post them on the site. I also have a featured article section which I have stories not directly pertaining to racing per say, but more motivational and inspirational ones.
Please spread the word and pass along our contact info to anyone you think might like to contribute or that might benefit from the race reports.
If you'd like to be a contributor we would just need permission from you to grab the blogs from your website and also the direct links to the race reports, and a profile pic. Please let us know if you have any questions and happy training! Best of luck with the rest of your season - what's next for you?