Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Awesome Life

I don't know what it is, but I do some of my best thinking in the water...that doesn't just mean swimming (though today that's where the thinking took place) but it could be in the shower, at the beach, on a boat...water just usually happens to be involved.  As I was swimming today I couldn't help but think about what an awesome life I have.  I mean I do feel pretty darn lucky...and here is why...
  • Family - Sure they think I'm nuts for doing what I do, but they are always there to support me and to ask how things are going.  They take time off of work to go watch me race (even when the locations aren't always the best...come on every race isn't in Hawaii) and they always help to motivate me, and always have.  The work ethic my parents instilled in all 3 of us (I'm including Cory and Katie here) is pretty darn stellar and I think I'd have a really hard time finding 3 siblings who are willing to work harder than the Lapinski Crew.
  • Relationships - I've never known what it's like to have someone completely support you and to help you reach for those dreams.  Thanks Brittany you're awesome!!  And you don't even flinch when I tell you crazy ideas that I have...the fact that you've accepted this craziness is incredible!!  Not only do I have an awesome girlfriend, but my friends are amazing too.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, training for Ironman takes a team...and I'd challenge anyone else to try to compare their team to mine, definitely the best around.
  • My Dogs - Roxy and Winther are always happy to see me, they listen most of the time, and always know how to keep me smiling...especially when Winther decideds to go spastic at 10:00 p.m. on some random week night.
This just scratches the surface, but I have an awesome life!

1 comment:

Go Easy Life said...

I love reading gratitude lists! I find that it's often the things/people we are grateful for that inspire us to do great things. Thanks for sharing. http://goeasylife.wordpress.com