Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Getting Back in the Swing of Things...

After Kona I took a little down time.  Well some of it was forced due to me being completely inept at mountain biking and crashing...which resulted in my knee getting pretty wrecked, cracking my helmet, bruising my pelvis...yea I was a mess (ok fine I still am).

I've been able to hit the pool for some solid workouts with the masters group that I swim with, and our 5k Friday's have been going strong.  I don't feel "awesome" in the water...but then when I look at the times we're putting up I realize that "not awesome" feeling is faster than I've swam before...so that's a positive. 

I'm putting some different types of training in through the off-season hoping to improve upon weaknesses in the past and to build upon strengths.  Hopefully these new ways of training will pay off...and I have a feeling that they will.  I always tell my athletes that consistency is the key.  So that will definitely be a focus for the winter months, consistency across all 3 sports with some specificity mixed in there to work on various weaknesses.

I'm pumped to be working with many of my sponsors from the past; Zoot, GU, Ceepo, Garmin, PowerTap and excited to start with a few new sponsors as well!  More information on that to come.

No comments: