Sunday, October 5, 2014

Kona 2014 - 6 Days Out

Needless to say life's been crazy busy with the arrival of RJ in late June. So to recap my last post until now it's been a great journey as a Dad so far.  






RJ travelled with us to IM Mont Tremblant and was awesome. What about Mont Tremblant...I guess I had a good day. 



I was super comfortable in the swim, probably went out just a little too hard on the bike and ran well enough for 14th overall in 9:29 and 2nd AG...so here we are prepping for Kona for the 4th straight year.



Our trip is shorter to Kona this year due to some circumstances out of our control but we plan to make the most of it. I'm pumped to share this magical place with RJ and can't wait to arrive on Wednesday.



Last year I had a great race so I'm making an attempt at trying to mimic that "taper"...not exactly the same as much of it will be done here in Chicago instead of on the Queen K, in Kailua Bay, or Ali'i Drive...but such is life.  I think this year the volume may be down slightly in some areas but definitely more focused.  6 days until Kona. Can't Wait!!



Special thanks to all of my sponsors once again!   Zoot, Ceepo, Gu, Smith, Bonk Breaker, Lake, Vitality Sciences, TP Therapy, Garmin.  






No comments: