Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blah on the Title

So I couldn't come up with a title of any importance, not that any of them are really important, so I have nothing.  Things have been pretty solid lately.  Sunday morning I went out and rode 75 miles with Chad out in Naperville/Plainfield/Yorkville/Platteville...and who the heck else knows where.  I felt strong throughout the ride and had some pretty low average wattage considering the average speed that I was riding.  I feel as if my fitness is better than where it was last year at this time, and the good thing is that I have 2 extra months to train, the bad thing is that I have 2 extra months to train.  I am going to need to do something to mix it up a bit, and I have a few ideas of some big training days which should be fun and challenging.

Yesterday I hit a new all time high for a swim workout.  I ended up getting 5400 meters in which is about 5900 yards.  Not a bad way to start the week, and of course after doing that I am completely smashed, thank goodness for summer break because I can come home and eat a huge meal...and that I did.  I may race this weekend, haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards it.  Obviously I would train right through the race and may even get a long ride home from the race.  Maybe my new bike will come in?  I did get a new mountain bike though, which is what I'm going to do now...head out for a ride on the new rig!

No comments: