Thursday, July 15, 2010

The New Rule

In order to run more I'm placing a new rule upon myself.  The new rule is that starting today, I have to run at least 3 times the distance that I swim.  A year ago I would have had no problem doing this, and it isn't going to be problematice, it's just that I'm swimming more now...as in close to 3 miles every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  So that means running around 9 miles each of those days.  I didn't say I was going to run fast, although I'm sure some days that will happen, I just said I was going to run 3 times the distance that I swim.

So today I swam 4800 meters which converts to 2.9825817216 miles...I suppose we can round up to 3 miles which means I do have to run 9 miles.  Given the fact that it's hot once again I think I'll head to Waterfall Glen to run since it provides shade for most of the loop.

My shoulders are feeling a bit smashed from two hard days swimming in a row and some mountain biking thrown in there.  I definitely need some work on my technical bike handling skills...until then I'll be meeting the dirt by means of falling, hopefully there aren't rocks to break my fall.

Just a little over 4 months until Ironman Arizona, time to start picking up the volume of training, and I'm looking forward to it!  I read something someplace the other day which really hit home and helped to motivate me.  I need to print it off so that I can put it around the house to remind me why I'm getting up at 4:30 a.m. in the summer time.

No comments: