Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My New Ride

It's been a long time coming but I finally have a new ride.  Well actually two new rides but here is my new tri bike.



I'm not sure that I should  be riding a bike as nice as the Giant Trinity Advanced SL2 but it's freaking sweet! I had it out for a few hours yesterday and it's by far the stiffest bike I have ever ridden!  I still need to get the position dialed in a little more and need to lose a spacer in the front, but what an amazing ride!

Besides the new ride things have been rolling along as normal, swimming, biking and running.  I think my swimming is coming along slowly, and I still need to be riding and running more.  The heat we have had recently put a slight damper on running, but I had a nice run on Sunday morning at Waterfall Glen with Chad before he, Dan and I went downtown to swim.

My other new ride is a Felt Comp 29er mountain bike.  It's awesome, and I was able to get it out on the trails today with Drew, Eric, Matt, and Carrie.  You forget how much fun mountain biking is until you're out there splashing through mudd.  I broke the bike in right with a few falls, one of which Drew and I both went into a turn a bit too hot and the wheels skidded out from under us.  I'm loving the 29er and will definitely be doing more mountain biking...as a matter of fact we're going again tomorrow.

I'm racing in a week and a half so I suppose I should start to amp it up for that, off to work on a little project and for a run or two.  I should really lean towards that two and maybe get a couple of 4 mile runs in.

No comments: