Tuesday, February 22, 2011

That Turned Fast

Last night I went out for my long run, which I have been consistent with and it's been feeling better each week.  The plan was to head out for 15 miles.  Surprisingly right from the first few steps I took I felt good.  My legs were good, not heavy, and there seemed to be a little spring in my step.  I had a plan to try to hold a 7:20 pace for the duration of the run, so at the beginning I really held things back and ended up going through the first mile in 7:12, whoops but it just felt really easy.  So I figured I would stay with how I felt and take a look at my garmin every so often.  As the run went on I continued to feel great.  I'm not sure if it is because it was peaceful and quiet, or that my running legs are returning, but I'll take it!  My fueling throughout the run was perfect and I actually thought about going farther.  That thought quickly disappeared as I was about 1.5 miles from my house.

The roads up until this point were great, all of the sudden I found myself pushing off and not going anywhere.  Yep the roads had turned into ice in what seemed like a matter of seconds.  I confirmed this by trying to slide on the roads, sure enough I busted out a 15 foot "road surf" yep this was going to be sketchy making it home.  I wanted to make sure I was careful as not to take a digger that close to being done.  So I jumped onto the grass where I could and was super careful.

All in all a great run!  Computrainer this morning took a little extra focus, but I was happy with it none the less.

No comments: