Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcome Back to the Pain Train...

This morning was a rude awakening, and a return to the pain train.  I hit up my first track workout of the year, and forgot how much that hurts.  That little 400M oval, which can come in various colors, could very well be the devil!  Today's workout wasn't all that crazy, 4 x 800 in 2:52 with 400M easy between.  I am pretty sure that I took it out way too hard, but sometimes that's what happens.

I did make it through the workout and ended up getting 7 miles in this morning, it was great watching the sun come up, and feels great to know I already have a solid workout in today.  Yesterday I hit up computrainer in the morning, and then ran a quick 5 miles before masters swimming last night.  Let me tell you my legs were not loving me during swimming!  Each and every time I pushed off of the wall I could feel the cramps.  Luckily I made it through and put on my Zoot Compression tights as soon as I got home.  They seemed to do the trick because I was able to get the track workout done without cramping.  Another swim is on tap for the day, hopefully things will loosen up for me.

Thanks to Jake from Zoot I've been running in my Zoot Ultra TT 4.0's for my past few runs and love them!  Super light and comfortable.  I'll be at the team camp in a month, and can't wait!

No comments: