Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Focused Effort

Today was the second day of threshold testing for the crew at Endure It!  I wasn't planning on testing, and took everyone through the warm up, explained some different ways to approach the test and then got them all started.  I jumped on my bike and wanted to get a solid tempo effort for the day.  What I found was that it was hard to hold a tempo pace.  About 5 minutes into the test I decided that I wanted to see what I could do, so I went for it.  I was sitting very comfortably over 300 watts, however it was still very early into the 30 minute test, so I wasn't sure what would happen.  I did start to feel stronger as time went on, where I also gained confidence.  It was just me and that number, nothing else.  I did stay focused and had my best test ever. 

Earlier in the season I had set a "lifetime" goal of where I wanted my threshold to be.  I can say that I smashed that today, so I guess it's time for a new goal.  I already have it in my head, and it's going to be tough to attain...but some hard work has never scared me.  My legs are screaming right now, and that's while I'm rockin my Zoot Sports Compression tights, I couldn't imagine not having these on.  Training is ramping up and I'm seeing some great results from the work that I've been doing.  It's nice when things come together.  I figured out my new numbers for upcoming workouts...I'm going to be put into some serious pain.  Bring it!!

No comments: