Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It worked...

I feel as if I have a small weight lifted off of my shoulders.  I have been coaching computrainer classes at Endure It in Willowbrook since October and have been taking a group of athletes through a progression of workouts to improve their fitness.  We had the athletes take what we call a "threshold test" in November, January and again this week.  November was kind of like a base line, January was after the first bit of "base training" that we did so numbers shouldn't have gone up all that much, and today was the true test (well this week of testing that is).  Test results today were great, everyone increased their wattage at least 5 watts and we topped out today with an improvement of 37 watts.  That is absolutely incredible!  Everyone increased...EVERYONE!! 

We had a group of happy people this morning, and I do think we proved to people that the program really has worked.  The people who were on the fence now believe.  I think I believe in myself a little more as well.  I know that the workouts I was writing were effective, and not just for some people, but for everyone.  I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to test on Thursday, I tried to really encourage people the whole time to help guide them through the test, which believe it or not took a lot out of me.  Yes I was riding and still held an average of about 90% of my threshold while I was shouting out directions to people.  I am happy with how things turned out this morning, people have been dedicated to the program and it truly is paying off!

No comments: