Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Power of Belief

Yesterday was a relatively large training day, computrainer in the morning, a 6 mile run, as well as 4000 yards in the pool.  Bike was a non-issue (it rarely is), running has been going well so a non-issue, swimming hasn't been going poorly but when the coach laid out my intervals I thought she was nuts.  I didn't believe that I could hit the times that she wanted me to hit...at least not at this point in the season.  I do want to swim at this pace come the end of June, but it is still March right?  I did agree to give the set a try at her prescribed pace.  She believed that I could do it.  I don't want to lead on to thinking this was a fast pace for a swimmer...it was a fast pace for me.  I was out of my comfort zone and I nailed each one of the times, completely surprising myself!  Needless to say I was pumped about this set.  I would be willing to say that this was the best set I've completed in the pool.  The cool thing was that my "recovery" pace was right at the pace I swam for my last Ironman.  I believe that I can swim faster than I ever have before.

I want to keep this rolling, therefore I think I need to keep swimming, the more I swim the better feel I'll have for the water...so you better believe that I'll be back in the water today.  And I'll run, and probably some strength work too.  I have a challenge to prepare for, and I will win it!

No comments: