Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Sun, I want the Sun!!!

I am tired of the clouds, we have had less rain lately, which is nice.  But I want the sun!  I'm fine with the temperature being a little cooler if we have the sun.  Isn't it nice to wake up and have a sunny morning? 

Other than wanting the sun to come out everything else has been going well.  I'm not sure if I'm fully recovered from racing this past weekend, but I better be because I have to race again on Saturday.  The race in Galena is always painful...it's funny how you forget about the hills...until you're on the race course riding them.  This is something that's kind of weird, I'm looking forward to the swim.  Not sure why, but I'm excited about it.  I'm excited to run too...well I say this now, that might be a different story when the run actually starts.  Those hills are brutal!

I think most of all I'm looking forward to racing again.  It's funny how you go for months without racing and then once it hits you're completely hooked again.  Bird and I went out on a quick ride last night and I was able to use my new Garmin Edge 500 on the ride, let me tell you that thing is sweet!  It was also an awesome night to ride!

So there was not much flow to this post...I realize that, but right now there isn't much flow going on in my brain.  Can you tell that Ironman training is in full swing?  My legs are tired most of the time, I hit numbers in workouts, but it takes a lot to do that.  My run pace is solid in training, but takes a while to warm up.  Yep I think I've gained some fitness this off-season and am looking forward to testing it soon.  Only about a month to go!

No comments: