Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It Hurts So Good...

Does anyone else love the feeling of pain in their legs?  Well not all the time, but when you know you've really earned it?  This mornings computrainer set was solid:

3 x thru the following:

1' @ 120%
2' @ 90%
1' @ 120%
2' @ 90%
1' @ 120%

2' @ 90%
1' @ 120%

2' @ 90%
3' Easy

I wasn't sure how it would go, and during the first set I thought I was going to be in for a long day.  But as things turned out I was getting stronger and stronger as time went on.  I was surprised that I had something for the high end, but then again it was only a minute.

I still have some training on tap for the day, nothing hard, but there is still work to do.  I'm not only building for Kona, but building for the future as well.  I have some ideas for next season already (that's what happens when you spend a lot of time training...you get crazy thoughts) although planning the schedule next year isn't turning out to be that easy.

I could use a couple more sponsors though to help with some races, takers??
I think I started a dangerous trend last night though.  I walked with my dogs to get ice cream.  There is this awesome place which has softserve cones for 95 cents only about a mile from my house.  I could see this becoming quite the habit.  I suppose I better keep training so that I can justify this little treat.  I think the real problem will come when I start going there multiple times a day.








No comments: