Thursday, June 9, 2011

How Much Are You Willing To Suffer?

More than I thought I could...that's how much I'm willing to suffer in a race if I need to.  I don't feel that I have dug this deep yet, and mentally I need to prepare myself to dig deeper than I have gone before.  Out on the course everyone is suffering, I just need to be able to suffer more.  I think that's part of the reason that I've been up before 5 a.m. for the past...I don't even know how many months.  I mean come on, missing out on sleep is suffering right?

This was what I was thinking about this morning as I was riding on the computrainer.  I was asking myself how much I would be willing to suffer in order to reach my goal.  It's funny because as soon as I started thinking like this my power numbers were coming easy.  It was a good confidence boosting ride this morning, which I needed as I have felt my bike power hasn't been there in the past couple of races.  I know the power will be there on Sunday in Kansas, and then I'm going to have a run to back it up this time around.  Definitely looking forward to racing again! 

Suffer More!!

No comments: