Thursday, June 16, 2011

Zoot Rocks!!!

Yesterday my legs felt good...a little too good considering I'm not racing Ironman until next Sunday.  So I made the decision to turn the gas back up a little today and hit up a solid computrainer session this morning, and a 7 mile run after my morning nap (yea I said morning nap...I took one this afternoon too...I love summer vacation!!).

The computrainer went well, and I easily hit my numbers, even a bit above which is a nice confidence booster for next week (as if riding a 2:16 this past weekend wasn't confidence enough right?).  The set was as follows:

15' Warm up
5 x the following (no break between any of the sets...so 45 mintues straight coming here)
-1' @ 80%
-1' @ 90%
5 x the following
-1' @ 90%
-1' @ AT
5 x the following
-1' @ 80%
-2' @ AT
5 x the following
-1' @ 70%
-1' @ 110%
Cool Down

I ended up riding 30 miles on the computrainer this morning, and things felt great.  My Ridley Dean is totally dialed in with my fit now, and I'm loving the 54 tooth SRAM TT chainring that I put on the front.  Definitely a good choice for me!

My run went pretty poorly.  The first mile was great...that was about all that was great about it.  I ended up getting 7 miles in (this was my first run since the race and I shouldn't have waited this long) so I can't complain too much.  This might be a little run session where I look back to during the race when I think about how I had to dig a little to get the mileage in.

The best part of my run was when I got home.  I came home to a totally unexpected package from Zoot.  Jake is the man!  And the Zoot gear is amazing...I almost had to take out my new shoes for a run tonight, but then used my brain (strange I know) and decided I could wait until tomorrow to use my new kicks.

Here is some of the sweet stuff I got today.

The Kapilani

The Race 3.0...They better be ready for an assault on the run course at Ironman CDA in 10 days!

A new bike jersey

My box of goodies...

Definitely will come in handy with the cold weather this winter

No reason not to train when it's cold!

You have to check out the Zoot gear if you haven't yet...definitely amazing stuff, and the people that work there are incredible as well.  Proud to be part of the Zoot Tribe!!!

No comments: