Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day

So apparently today is "National Running Day" which is cool.  I wasn't planning on running today, but I guess I'm going to have to get June started right with a little run.  My run yesterday didn't feel all that great, although I held a respectable pace.  I ended up with my highest monthly run total ever in May.  Having a 23 mile run to start the month, and a 20 miler two days before the end of the month doesn't hurt things too much either.  I have about two more weeks to stay on the gas with training before I dial it back for CDA.  My build here has been pretty good, there are some things that I'm not that happy with, but that's what happens when you do an early season Ironman.

I've started to read Macca's book I'm Here to Win and it's great so far.  The volume that the pro triathletes put in is absolutely amazing!  It's no wonder they can race as hard as they do...they sure do put in the work!  I love putting in the work, especially when you see things pay off.  So for the next 25 days I'll be putting in the work...hoping for that pay off on June 26th.  It's almost time to race...go big or go home!

No comments: