Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Confidence

It's amazing how quickly you can gain confidence...and then how quickly you can lose it!  Before Ironman Wisconsin my confidence level was faily high...at least for the bike it was.  However, I never felt that great on the bike during that race.  This transition from IMWI to Ironman Hawaii has been strange for me, and everything is unknown. I have ideas of what I want to do in training, but there are days (many days) which my body has different ideas...so I do what I believe is smart, I listen to my body.  Yes this is very strange for me to do, but I think given the fitness I built up over the summer now is just a maintenance type of approach for the next 10 days.  Scary to think that in 10 days I'll be lining up for my 8th Ironman race, 3rd Ironman in 5 months and 2nd time in Kona.

I had an awesome swim yesterday, and a confidence boosting ride for sure! I felt strong and like I was able to maintain power relatively comfortably.  Especially on false flats, which is encouraging!  Maybe it was the sweet Cannondale all "SRAM'd/Zipp'd" out, or maybe it was me...who knows.  I decided to ride that wave of confidence and not run last night, which just means I'll get that run in tonight.  I need a few "confidence" building run sessions...though I'm not all that concerned because I know once we land in Hawaii I'll be able to get a few sessions in on Ali'i Drive, the Queen K and the Energy Lab which will help to boost that confidence for sure.

It's Tuesday and we leave Saturday morning.  Can't wait to get back to the island and to share this special place with Brit!

Last years race bike...this year will be a step up...just wait!

We're going to miss you Chad...next year?

Bird, Cory & Katie...eating snowcones.  Bird 2013??

Team Lapinski waiting

Does it really get any better than a Hawaiian Sunset?

No comments: