Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My New Ride - 2013 CEEPO Viper

I'm super excited to announce that in the 2013 triathlon season I will be riding the brand new 2013 CEEPO ViperCEEPO is no stranger to the Ironman world and has been the official bike sponsor for Ironman for a few years.  Their new Viper has been redesigned with the triathlete in mind, and I can't wait to start cranking away the miles on the new ride.  Here is a little more information about my new ride from the CEEPO website:

2013 The All New CP Viper


Our new frame shape has been developed by the evolution of previous models and designs. The all new VIPER has an improved frame shape for the side wind by changing the frame shape concept to a curved shape from a straight shape.

The weight has also become lighter by this new curved shape concept.

With the 4 size offerings, it is easier to set the best riding position for each athlete. The new Shimano Di2 battery can be placed inside the seat tube. The handling stability on the curves is improved by the head tube stiffness, and acceleration is enhanced by the improved bottom bracket stiffness. The VIPER geometry is designed for long distance triathlon race where athletes need to run comfortably after the 180km bike ride with special consideration for Ironman Hawaii. Saving the rider’s energy for the

run while maximizing pedal power is key in long distance Triathlon, and the new Viper does just that. The Seat post can be flipped (front / back) for the best saddle position.



I'm pumped to join the CEEPO family and can't wait to see the Viper take me to some new and improved bike splits in 2013.  My bike will look slightly different as I'll be rocking SRAM Red components and a Zipp cockpit thanks to Nick at Fortitude Sports Agency.

Everything has been rolling along training wise, I've been slowly ramping things back up and am starting to feel pretty good about where I am going into 2013.  I'm planning a couple of training camps (some may be here in Chicago out of L3 Endurance) so if you're interested in joining me for any of those let me know.  I'm thinking the first one will be at the end of this month with some of the L3 Endurance crew.  If you haven't checked out their website make sure you do so (www.L3Endurance.com)

I am changing some things up with training, we'll see how it goes, I do have a feeling though that it will be pretty effective.  I'll get some pictures up of my new Viper when I start to get it built up.  Thanks CEEPO can't wait to get this season started!!

No comments: