Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Zoot Favorites

As most of you know I'm fortunate enough to race for the Zoot Ultra Team, and have for the past 2 seasons.  Racing for Zoot has allowed me to try most of their products, and I have to say that I'm super impressed with all of them.  I thought that I'd list a few of my favorites here...so if you're looking to give Zoot a try (my first question would have to be what the heck took you so long?) here are some products that I would recommend.

Shoes:

Ultra TT 5.0 - These are my go to training shoes on a daily basis.  I rotate through a couple of pairs of these and love them.  Sockless...you bet!  Comfortable...absolutely!  They are lightweight enough to race in, but have enough "shoe" to be able to train with daily as well. 

Ultra Kiawe - This shoe is new in the Zoot line up and were designed specifically for Jordan Rapp and Javier Gomez.  Jordan won Ironman New York City wearing these bad boys, and Javier earned himself an Olympic silver medal...not too shabby. Definitely not a shoe to wear training every day, but a true racing flat.  Light, tight and responsive.  Though I didn't race Ironman in them, I'm kicking the idea around of racing with them in Kona next year.


Apparel:

Zoot Ultra Cycling Kit - These kits look much like our "team" kit and are sure to turn heads out on the road.  The fit is awesome, material super comfortable and the number of compliments that I get on these kits is awesome.  Something that's sweet too is they have a long sleeve version of this which is great on those chilly mornings to ride...or to run in as well!!  Oh yea and they definitely look "pro".


WRKSnano THERMOcell Jacket - Winter in Chicago can get cold (though it hasn't yet) and we definitely need something to whether the elements (yep pun totally intended there...that's about as witty as I get).  The sweet THERMOcell jacket is not only stylish but practical.  That's one of the best parts about Zoot, not only do they want their gear to look sweet...they want the functionality to be the most important thing!  This jacket doesn't disappoint (and if you are interested there is a vest too!)

Men's WRKSnano THERMOcell Jacket

Wetsuits:

Prophet - If you're looking for some free speed in the water your search is over. The Prophet is by far the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever worn, and it's held up well to a lot of abuse (not that I'm abusive but for some reason my fellow swimmers try to rip it off of me during races...they must all be jealous and want the wetsuit that bad I guess).



Bags:

Performance Sport Pack - If you ask Brit she might tell you that I have a bag obsession...and I would have to agree with her on that one.  What can I say I like bags to fill with stuff.  I like this bag so much that I actually have 3 of them, and I'm in the process of ordering more to get customized for the L3 Endurance crew as well.  The  bag is awesome for just about anything...not just triathlon related.  If you don't have one, you really should, for $35 you can't go wrong.


Performance Sport Pack

I'll leave it at that for now.  If you have questions about certain items let me know!

No comments: