Sunday, October 6, 2013

Kona 2013 - Day 1

It feels awesome to be back once again in Kona and to Hawaii where it all began and where Zoot started 30 years ago.  Our first day included an early wake up call to travel to this very special place.  Here's a quick look at the day.



A 3:15 a.m. wake up call for me to hit up a little ride on my CycleOps Rollers with the Ceepo Mamba. I rode for an easy 30 minutes doing a simple gearing pyramid that I like to do on the rollers, and I knocked out 5 x 1' (30" at half ironman wattage/30" easy) towards the end of the set.  I made sure Brit was up and we were on our way to O'Hare for our flight.


Since I'm a freak and have to get the airport far too early we were able to grab a quick breakfast before our first flight to Phoenix. The flight was empty, so we each had our own row to spread out and sleep. 


After a delay in Phoenix we were on our way to Kona. The flight went quick enough (at least I thought so). Before we knew it we were on the ground and my mom, Katie, and Eddie were at the airport to pick us up. It's great to see Katie, as we haven't seen her our wedding in June!  We quickly made our way to our condo and took the LONG walk to Walmart (we were going to buy Brit a beach cruiser to ride around for the week but they were sold out), so a few necessary food items and we were on our way back.




Luckily for us we were picked up by Marc-Andre and Gilles in town and they drove us back to our condo. Ceepo has been awesome to me all year and just another reason they are awesome!

Tomorrow (really today) we have a pretty chill day on tap, ocean swim, run, easy ride on te Ceepo Viper...we get to be connected once again, it's been a few weeks since I've ridden that bike, can't wait!!!

It's great to be back!

No comments: