Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kona 2013 - Day 4

It's hard to believe we've been here for 4 days already! Time is just flying by!!!  This morning started as all mornings do...with a training session. I did an easy 30 minute swim at the pier and that was it. Well, besides riding down to the pier and back a few times.  

The town is now officially crazy and crowded! It's really amazing to see the transformation, and the energy is super high. So I really need to key in on conserving energy and not walking the expo for hours at a time...it's really easy to get side tracked and to start talking to people you know...the time to focus is approaching!

The awesome guys at Ceepo dialed in my bike for me, Zoot, Powertap hooked me up with some sweet swag and registration has been taken care of.

After my stuff was taken care of for the day we checked out a beach on this narly lava road...called "Un-named Road". Awesome bech for sure!

We went to dinner last night up at the Sheraton to celebrate my moms birthday, it was a great dinner and the views were amazing.


Dog Me Beach

View from the sea wall

The Viper hanging out

Locked to the tree

Beert being Beert 

Registration

Our drive to the beach

Awesome beach

Brit and I 

Race day is growing closer...time to start getting the head right!









1 comment:

Carolina John said...

How cool man! Rock on this weekend.