Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The LTTC Day 1 Update

Day one of the Lapinski Triathlon Training Camp went well and included a 5,000 meter swim as well as about an hour and twenty minutes on the single speed.  Not too bad considering I raced the day before.  Swimming with this new masters group is royally kicking my butt!  I mean 5,000 meters, really...who am I kidding?  These guys freakin hammer, so my goal is to make it a little longer without having to resort to paddles/pull buoy/fins or all of the above.  I know this will pay off in the long run, and it's great to be swimming in an outdoor pool first thing in the morning.  Wierd that the water is warmer than the air, that is motivation in itself to keep swimming.  As if I need motivation, you see there is really no rest for me during the swims because the intervals they go on are ridonkulous!  So basically it's me trying to swim for my life for two hours...good times.

I met up with Chad, Drew and Eric for the Monday night "Single Speed\Fixie Recovery Ride" and what an awesome night to ride!  At the start of the ride I could feel a bit of the race in my legs still, but after a few miles that was gone and I was feeling good once again.  It's nice riding with a group, it makes the time go by faster, and everyone can help to push one another too.

So I would have to say day 1 of the LTTC was a success.  I didn't want to over do it right off of the bat, especially since I had raced on Sunday.  Today is another story though, I'm looking to kill it!  I have 4700 meters swimming in already, and I'm looking to get some riding in on the rollers (yep it's raining) and I'm looking for longer run 8-10ish with the night closing with masters swim out in Naperville.  First things first though...nap time!

I had given the dogs some bones to chew on this morning, and put 4 bones out...Winther thought it was his job to take 3 of them, and I believe right now he has all 4.  I know that he can put 3 in his mouth...



Yep Roxy is chewing hers, and Winther is protecting all 3 of his...it's just what he does I guess.

No comments: