Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So Close...Yet So Far

Way back on April 1st I had decided that I wanted to break an hour at Waterfall Glen.  I can't say that I have accomplished that, but I can say that I do think it's doable, and I do think that I will.  I went yesterday and as is typical felt like crap for the first 3 or so miles and wanted to turn back.  And again, as always I was happy I stayed the course and finished up the run.  I'm happy with the effort and ended up running a 1:01.39 which is just shy of where I wanted to be, and think with a little more run fitness my goal can be attained.  I need to set a date where I accomplish this goal...I was thinking before August 11th, any other suggestions, or anyone who wants to come out and pace me either on foot, or on a bike?  I know that my first few miles aren't the best, so maybe a little warm up would do me well...who knows.  I have to also remember that I swam 4400 meters yesterday morning which I'm sure took somewhat of a toll on my energy.

So I suppose that my first day on my "new" plan worked out pretty well...the new plan being what I had posted last week.  I tweaked it ever so slightly because of when I ride computrainer so the weeks should look like this:

Monday: 1 hour swim + 1 hour run
Tuesday: 1 hour ride + 1 hour swim
Wednesday: Computrainer + 40-60 minute run
Thursday: Long Run of 2 hours + 1 hour Swim
Friday: 1 hour swim + 1 hour bike w/ t-run
Saturday: 4 hour bike w/ short t-run
Sunday: 4 hour bike w/ brick 1 hour run

Today's swim is already in the books, and I'm about to head out for a ride.  I'm going to try to keep things in check with the ride and not to hammer too much, computrainer is in the morning and that's where I need to attempt to hammer out a good set.  I do need to start running off of the bike more frequently, so today might be a good opportunity to do so, not a long run, just a few miles.  I think I should eat first though...now the question is what to eat.

Big plans for the upcoming year, looking forward to it for sure!

No comments: