Saturday, August 14, 2010

Early Morning Long Run

It's been a good week of training.  I was able to get everything in and am pretty happy with the results.  Last night I decided to get my track workout in at 4:15 p.m. not the brightest idea.  With a heat index of 97 degrees it made for an interesting workout.  I nailed my times though:

Distance                   Planned Time                           Actual Time

1200 M                    4:17                                        4:10
1000 M                    3:30                                        3:22
800 M                      2:43                                        2:43
600 M                      2:00                                        1:56
400 M                      1:16                                        1:13

I have a feeling I started out a little too fast, but was able to get things back in check after nearly puking on the 800.

I had to get my long run in this morning, since I knew I wouldn't be able to ride, and let's be serious it wasn't going to happen later.  At least not without a ton of motivation, so I'll save the motivation for some other time.  I didn't have high hopes for my long run this morning seeing as I was only about 12 hours off of the track, but I went anyway.  I ended up getting in my 17 miles at a 7:04 pace, which was pretty easy.  I ran with a former player for about 10 miles so that was good and helped keep me from blowing up.

Long ride tomorrow, something I'm definitely looking forward to!!

No comments: