Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's a Rollercoaster...

I feel like training is a rollercoaster, there are times where you feel high, and others where you feel low.  For me I typically feel low when I'm swimming, and the high's can come on either the bike or the run.

I've had a couple of solid weeks of training, so I am feeling good.  I had a great tempo run last night, I'm not sure why but it was awesome.  The plan was to run the first mile at a 7:10, the next five miles at 6:35 and the final mile at 7:00.  Well I went through mile 1 in 6:54 and then cracked off a 6:19, 6:19, 6:23, 6:21, 6:23 and finished up with a 6:40.  The best part about it was the fact that I was holding myself back the whole time.  I would glance down at my Garmin and realize that at times I was running at a sub 6 pace and really had to hold back.  Just one of those good days I guess.

The awesome run from yesterday continued this morning on the computrainer.  There were only a few of us, but as always we were in the hurt locker after the set.

15' warm up
2 times through the following:
10 x 1:30
- :30 @ 150% (450+ watts)
- 1:00 @ 70% (~215 watts)
Cool Down

For many of the 30 second intervals I was well over 460 watts, and for the last one I was over 500 watts the whole time.  My legs feel good, I'm going to head out for another ride tonight to loosen things up, and maybe a short run as well.

No comments: