Friday, August 27, 2010

Pigman Half Ironman Race Report

Alright this is going to be short and sweet...well maybe not sweet, but short for sure.  Sunday Chad and I raced the Pigman Half Ironman in Palo, Iowa.  It was hot, the morning was foggy and did I mention it was hot! 

Swim - Delayed for about an hour because of the fog, but once it lifted I ended up swimming better than my last race.  I am not sure if I sighted the best, but whatever, I came out of the water in 34 minutes...not bad for me, not great, but not bad.

Bike - I hate railroad crossings, and we had to go over a couple of them.  The first one my rear bottle of GU Brew fell out and I decided not to get it.  I looked down a little later and realized that I lost my Garmin somewhere.  Well time to just roll I guess.  The bike was an out and back, and I had people in front of me the whole time to catch...and catch I did.  I rolled into T2 as the first non-"elite".  It was pretty cool to be the first bike racked.  2:15 bike split, happy with that.

Run - It was hot, and it was just survival mode.  1:41 nothing pretty but it got done.

All in all I was 9th overall and I won my age group.  Happy with the race, really happy with the bike, looking forward to more training.  Less than 3 months until Ironman Arizona.

No comments: