Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Running Challenge Day 2

It's late, but day 2 of the December Running Challenge is in the books.  The challenge is already paying off, I really didn't want to get out and get my run done today, but I know that there is a whole group of people out there doing this challenge...so thank you!  It was a long day today starting with a 4:00 a.m. wake up call for computrainer.  I wasn't sure whether or not I would actually ride through the whole workout, but just thought I'd roll with it as long as I could.  I was able to finish the workout without much difficulty.  The set was as follows:

15' warm up

4 x 8' (No Break!!)
  • 2' @ 70% (210 watts)
  • 3' @ 80% (240 watts)
  • 2' @ 90% (270 watts)
  • 1' @ 110% (330 watts)
2 x 3'
  • 3' Left Leg
  • 3' Right Leg
Cool Down

I was happy with the results and the fact that this came relatively easy.  The whole workout was done at a 2% grade.  The class wasn't digging that...they better learn how to because it's going to be up there all month!

Tonight's run wasn't pretty, but I held a sub 7 pace for a little over 4 miles.  The weather was really nice, calm and not all that cold.  It was great to be out there in the peace and quiet, these are the runs that you really have to enjoy.  Come to think of it I did not see a single car my whole run...crazy 30 minutes and no cars, am I really in the suburbs of Chicago?

No comments: