Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Running Challenge - Day 1 + "Super Duper Fan Status"

Before I get to the running challenge, there is a change to the "fan" distinction that I had made in a previous post about Ironman Arizona.  My sister Katie was rather disappointed in the fact that she wasn't labeled a "superfan" so I am going to give her a new category all to herself.  She is now the "SUPER DUPER FAN".  Alright here is the reasoning behind it (these are all rough estimates and round trip distances), and my Mom is an established superfan regardless, so she's out of the running here.  Uncle Jim traveled a total distance of 6270 miles round trip to cheer, while Katie traveled a total distance of 7500 miles round trip to cheer.

So Katie you are officially the SUPER DUPER FAN, and Uncle Jim you are still a Super Fan not to worry!

The first day of the December Running Challenge is in the books.  I thought last year that the challenge started out with me running in shorts (don't know why but I thought that was the case).  This year, definitely not the case!  I rode in to school to meet up with Wanner and Chris to run this morning and had a windchill of 10.  I didn't break out the face mask yet, I thought if I did that now what's going to happen in January?  So I just manned up and went with it.  The run was nice and relaxed.  Today was a 20 minute run, I ended up going more than 20 minutes, but never pushed the pace!  I ran 4 miles, all super comfortable and enjoyed the run!

It's not too late to get into this challenge...you can find 20 minutes to run today right?  Get out there and do it!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Woooot Wooooot!