Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with 2010...Can't WAIT for 2011!!!

It's been a while since I have posted here, with the holidays and no real training to report I thought I'd save you the boring details.  Here it is New Years Eve, some people have already celebrated the new year, and the rest of us will soon enough.

All I have to say is thank goodness that 2010 is over! To say that it was a challenge would be a great understatement, but as I wrote about in a post months ago you wouldn't be dealt the hand you were unless you could handle it.  I could not have handled it alone and am so very thankful for my incredible family and amazing friends!  You were all there for me this past year, and I wouldn't be where I am now without you.

I think everything happens for a reason, and although you may not know the reason...I'm sure there is one.  I think that I was "tested" this year and I would have to say that I passed.  This past year I had to really dig deep to get through some crap, and I really think that it might have helped me dig deep enough at Ironman Arizona to qualify for Kona.  Maybe my reward for "passing the test" was Kona?  I don't know, but I do know that I have learned a lot about myself in the past year, and know that with the support of my family and friends I can get through anything.

I can't put into words how excited I am to start 2011!  A lot of people have New Years Resolutions to lose weight, or exercise more, and those are all great, best of luck if that's what you're goals are...but I have something a little different.  Just two words...NO REGRETS!  I think we can all look back and say that there are things that we do "regret" and so from here forward I want to have NO REGRETS.  Simple enough right?

Have a great 2011!

No comments: