Sunday, December 5, 2010

December Running Challenge Day's 3, 4, 5

The weekend hit and I haven't been in front a computer to write an update.  The challenge is still going strong.  I've been in the 4 mile rut (not the best word, but it will do).  Day's 3 and 4 were both 4 miles (well one was 4.37 but who's counting).  When I'm running I'm not paying attention to my pace, I'm just going by feel, and am usually surprised by the pace when the run is over.  I haven't really wanted to push considering it's only been 2 weeks since Ironman Arizona, and although I feel alright I'm sure that I'm still in the recovery phase.

Yesterday I rode on the computrainer at Endure It, and the set looked a lot more difficult than it actually was:

15' w/u

5' @ 70%
1' @ 90%
1' @ AT
5' @ 80%
1' @ 90%
1' @ AT
6' @ 70%
5' @ 90%
2' @ AT
5' @ 80%
2' @ AT
6' @ 90%

I did the workout based on 300 watts (and it was all at a 2% grade as well) and it really didn't hurt all that much.  I followed up with an easy transition run.  This morning I rode on the computrainer again and was able to get 40 miles at a relatively easy effort.  I was back on my Giant Trinity Advanced SL2 this morning, and I love that bike!!

I did get a new winter toy yesterday...the Raleigh XXIX Belt Drive.  The thing is sweet, I'll get some pictures posted soon.

Thanks to my Mom, Dad and Katie I went and got a Christmas tree today and we spent the afternoon decorating around my house.  It feels like the holidays now, thanks everyone!

My day 5 of the challenge is going to happen in about 30 minutes here, looking forward to a nice relaxing, brisk Sunday evening run. 

No comments: