Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The December Challenge Begins Tomorrow

Last year Chad, Hillard and I completed a December Running Challenge.  The challenge was to run every day for the month of December for a certain amount of time.  We didn't do anything based on mileage, or pace, we just ran for time.  I think we have quite a few more people interested in joining us this year, and it starts tomorrow!  Here is how the first week looks:

12/1 - 20 minutes
12/2 - 30 minutes
12/3 - 25 minutes
12/4 - 20 minutes
12/5 - 35 minutes
12/6 - 20 minutes
12/7 - 25 minutes

Everything is doable, so get your butt out of the door (or on the dreadmill...have I mentioned that I don't like the treadmill?) and get your runs in!

I went and rode computrainer this morning, I decided to push a little, but when the going got tough...I backed down.  I'm only 9 days or so removed from Ironman Arizona and really have no need to push things right now.  I was happy with numbers I was able to hold without a huge effort.  I could have pushed through and hit the workout, but really don't know how recovered I am so I didn't want to push it.  I think by the start of the year I'll be back into full swing.  The goals are already swirling around in my head for CDA...we'll have to wait and see how the training builds up.

No comments: