Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Closer...It's Race Week

It's race week.  The work is all done, and honestly this time is probably harder than putting the work in.  Yesterday morning the nerves started to set in when I thought, "One week from now I'll be done..."  It's crazy to think how much time and energy goes into building up to this one day.  And as so many people have said it's not the race that makes you an Ironman...it's all of the work that you put do leading up to the race that makes you an Ironman.  Like I said the work is done, now it's time to stay sharp and time to race!

I rode easy during computrainer class this morning keeping things at around 200 watts, and really not letting it go up any from there.  It's too bad because I would have liked to do this workout:

Warm Up: 15 minutes

Main Set:
3 x 5’
• 2’ @ 80% (cadence 100+)
• 1’ @ 90% (cadence 50-60)
• 2’ @ AT (natural cadence)
2 x 5’
• 1’ Right Leg
• 1’ Left Leg
• 30” Natural Build Up
• 10” MAX EFFORT
• 20” RI
• 2’ Big Tough Gear
2 x 5’
• 2’ @ 80%
• 1’ @ 90%
• 1’ @ AT
• 1’ @ 110%
Cool Down

I started packing last night and think I have all of my tri stuff ready to roll.  I did a pretty good job too of not packing too much stuff I think.  Besides my tri stuff all I need are board shorts right?  At this point I think I have about as many snacks as I do clothes.
 
Last night I took the dogs for a walk after dinner, it was dark which really sucks but whatever.  I saw a shooting star during my walk...you're supposed to make a wish right?  I thought you were supposed to...and so I made one.  More relaxing is on the plan for today, maybe a short 20 minute run...who knows.

No comments: