Monday, November 1, 2010

Biking and Catching Up

Saturday was my last super long ride, and I once again did it on the computrainer.  It was nice to have some people to ride with for a bit, so I definitely took advantage of riding with a class.  The class was as follows:

Warm Up: 15 minutes

• 2’ Easy
Main Set: 35 minutes
• 10’ @ 75% *10 sec spin up on 2,4,6,8
• 15’ @ 80% *30 sec spin up on 13, 16, 19, 22
• 10’ @ 85% *Cadence 100+ on 26, 28, 30, 32, 34
• 3’ Easy
Drill Set: 10 minutes
• 5 x 2’
o 1’ Right Leg *Cadence 50-60
o 1’ Left Leg * Cadence 50-60
• 2’ Easy
Main Set Part 2: 25 minutes
• 5 x 5’
o 3’ @ 80%
o 2’ @ 90%
Cool Down

I rode the first class as written and then about half of the second class until I just rode the remainder at Ironman pace.  I ended up getting 100 miles in on the computrainer.  It took me 4:30 to ride 100, not too bad.  I felt great after riding as well...let's hope that's the same in three weeks.

Saturday night I went back up to Whitewater to watch them play Oshkosh.  This is a huge rivalry and we try to get a group of alumni to go back each year for the game.  I met up with Skoug and and Poppen and we headed down to meet up with the rest of our college buddies.  We had a great time catching up and telling old stories, and laughing about stupid things that happened during college.  The game was good, except for the bogus PK that the ref called with a minute left.  We had a great time, and the campus is so very different from when we were there.

These next few weeks I am going to try to make sure I am completely ready for IMAZ...clean eating, lots of rest, and solid workouts.  Can't wait to race!!!

No comments: