Thursday, November 18, 2010

Twitchy

I don't even know if "twitchy" is a word, but this taper is starting to take its toll on me.  I feel the energy starting to build up.  Yesterday I swam for 15 minutes, and would you believe it I actually wanted to keep swimming...huh?  Things felt pretty good in the water, and I'm looking forward to doing some more swimming this winter.  I rode for 30 minutes this morning during compoutrainer, everything below 150 watts which took a lot of restraint.  My legs were ready to roll, and I really wanted to nail the set (below) but held back. 

Our flight leaves tonight.  I'm excited, nervous, and a whole lot of other things at the same time.  Looking forward to getting there, getting settled in, checked in, taking the bike for a spin, swimming in my wetsuit, a couple short jogs and then racing!!!  I haven't raced since September, and I'm ready to roll!

Here is the set from this morning:

Warm Up: 15 minutes

Main Set:
Pyramid Set
• 5’ @ 70%
• 4’ @ 80%
• 3’ @ 90%
• 2’ @ AT
• 1 @ 110%
• **1’ @ 75%**
• 1’ @ 110%
• 2’ @ AT
• 3’ @ 90%
• 4’ @ 80%
• 5’ @ 70%
2 x 5’
• 2’ Left Leg
• 2’ Right Leg
• 1’ Both Legs – Cadence 110+
Cool Down

Thank you for all of the emails, texts, calls and well wishes!  No one can race Ironman alone, it takes a huge support crew.  This is by far the best support crew that I've had going into an Ironman and I'll make sure to race my best race for all of you on Sunday!

1 comment:

ryanhillard said...

Do you even know how to ride at less than 150 watts? Did you chop off your left leg and still go easy?