Thursday, October 28, 2010

When will the wind stop?

The last couple of days in Chicago it has been super windy!  When will the madness stop?  Yesterday I was riding home from school when a branch that fell from a tree almost nailed me.  It's wierd because I had thought about that exact thing happening at the start of my ride, luckily for me the branch missed.  The ride home did suck though...when you're riding into the wind, which had gusts of over 50 mph, it's not all that fun.  At times I felt as if I was sitting still on my bike, but that still beats sitting in traffic in my car, so I shouldn't complain all that much.

Last night I went and checked out the new Warren Miller movie called "Wintervention"  Some of the places that these people ski is just incredible, I have no idea how they do what they do, and it really got me excited for the snow to start falling.  Hopefully I'll be able to get out more often this winter to ski.  Yea there aren't great places around here, but I'm going to have to take advantage of what we do have. 

This morning was a little rough to wake up because I didn't get home until late, and Roxy and Winther were keeping me warm in my bed.  I swear they think I'm crazy for waking up at the times that I do, because they decided they were going to sleep for longer.  I actually had to go and wake them up to go outside...I could tell that while I was gone last night they were running laps in the house because doors were opened that weren't opened when I left...they are known for that.  Computrainer went well this morning, and it felt very easy to keep the numbers that I kept.

Warm Up: 15 minutes
• 2’ Easy
Main Set: 30 minutes
• 5 x 6’
o 3’ @ 80% (250 watts)
o 1’ @ 85% (270 watts)
o 2’ @ 70% (220 watts)
• 3’ Easy
Drill Set: 8 minutes
• 2 x thru
o 2’ Right Leg – Cadence 50-60
o 2’ Left Leg – Cadence 50-60
Cool Down

A little swim and the day will be complete.  25 more days, I would say that at this point the hard work is done and now it's just time to soak up the fitness, stay healthy, and most importantly to get my head on straight!!

No comments: