Monday, October 4, 2010

An Unwanted Tag-a-long

I got home from my long ride yesterday (110 miles) and felt pretty satisfied with where I am on the bike.  I would like to go faster, and think that I am capable of it, but I have to remember that I still have 5 hard weeks of training ahead of me before a 2 week taper leading into Ironman Arizona.  I was able to ride the same time yesterday that I did at Ironman Coeur d' Alene two years ago.  That is good because, I didn't eat breakfast (hadn't been to the grocery store yet), I was up late (Wanner Walk), didn't get a nap on Saturday (come on we know these are key), it was cold (warm clothes are not aero), and I didn't have a race set up on (no aero wheels or helmet).  Does this translate to a time 40minutes faster in 7 weeks...I don't know, but the bottom line is that I got the work in, and I'm happy with that.

My nutrition was better and I never really hit a wall, and I was able to ride through the tough parts of the ride.  The worst part of the ride happened when I got home.  I was in the shower getting my hair wet when all of the sudden there was an awful pain on my hand.  I pulled my hands out of my hair just to realize there was a bee in my hair.  I don't know how long it was there, but must have dropped in during my ride, just to make me feel some pain when it was over.  I don't remember the last time I was stung by a bee...but it hurts, bad!! 

My legs felt fine yesterday and feel fine today, thats a bonus.  5 more hard weeks!!!  Motivation is high right now as so many people are in Kona.  That place looks amazing!!!

1 comment:

CautiouslyAudacious said...

So they do they have water in the lake for the swim? I did that one 2 years ago and it was awesome weather!