Friday, September 20, 2013

The Rollercoaster...

Training for an Ironman is quite the rollercoaster.  An awesome workout can have you feeling like you can accomplish anything, race any time, go mega fast...and then a sub par workout makes you second guess everything you've been doing.  I've been riding this rollercoaster for quite some time now, and I'm becoming much better at believing in the work I've put in.  Not to say that I don't have highs and lows...as of right now I'm on a definite high.  Things are rolling along well, and with a couple more hard weeks worth of work with some key sessions hopefully I'll stay on that high.

So much of this sport is mental.  Everyone has put the work in physically, the key is to stay within yourself, to race your plan, to stay focused and to execute.  So for the next 3 weeks my focus needs to be spot on, and on October 12th I'm looking to execute...yep that's the key Execution of what I'm capable of.  If When that happens the rollercoaster ride can come to a pause for a short time...until I get back in line to ride this crazy Ironman lifestyle all over again.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

I've found that if I blame nutrition and eat more during the workout it helps those "triathlon is stupid" committee meetings end quicker. Good luck bro, race day is almost here!