Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Back Into the Swing of Things...

Life has been rolling right along, and I've been back on the training wagon as of recently.  Right now I'm on a fairly long streak of consecutive days swimming...I'm at 24 days.  I guess that's a good place to start this post.  This past Friday (Black Friday) instead of taking to the stores I took to the pool with Keating, Barb and Jason to make an attempt at my first 100 x 100 swim set.  I always said it was stupid...and here I find myself actually doing it?  What gives?  Well I'm up for a challenge so why not right?


We ended up knocking off all 100 on a 1:30 interval (it was a yards pool...so probably pretty close to the 1:40 pace that you would do them on in a meters pool).  Here is how our set went:

10 x 100 swim 1' break
10 x 100 pull 1' break
10 x 100 kick 1' break
20 x 100 swim
5' break
10 x 100 swim 1' break
10 x 100 pull 1' break
10 x 100 kick 1' break
20 x 100 swim

I did do the first 20 in a row as pull with a buoy and some with paddles on the last set of 20...but I survived!  It was kind of fun too, so we'll have to do it again...maybe in February some time?

Other than swimming I've been able to get some solid runs in at Waterfall Glen, and I even made it around the loop twice on my cross bike without flatting.  Amazing I know...really Chad is the only one who understands that, as in the last 3 years we haven't been able to do that.

Here are a few shots of what things have been like the past week or so.  Looking forward to more work ahead!

Maybe Ceepo will make a cyclocross bike soon?  That would be awesome.

Some sweet new L3 Endurance Trucker Hats came in

Yep this is a familiar site...the pool...before 5:00 in the morning...on a pretty much daily basis.
 


 

No comments: