Tuesday, April 12, 2011

About a month...

...until racing starts.  The question is does anyone ever feel ready to race?  Right now I do feel like I'm ready to do a half ironman, not sure if I'm ready to "race" a half ironman, but I know within the next month I will be.  My race schedule has really filled up pretty quickly and I'm racing 4 times before I head out to Coeur d' Alene for Ironman.  I'm kind of excited about racing that many times.  Obviously I want to do well, but I think I'm coming to terms with not worrying about the end result and really want to learn from these races.  I swore that I would not race an olympic distance triathlon again, but it looks like I'm going to be racing one in early June.  The distance doesn't suit me well, but it will push me out of my comfort zone which is something that I really need! 

I'm really going to up the volume this next 9 weeks which will be my final push until Ironman CDA (I didn't include my 2 week taper in that time).  So I'm 11 weeks out, and I feel fresh, fit and ready to start the long stuff.  I feel really good with my bike, awesome with my run, and actually pretty confident in my swim.  I need to continue to do the work.  In this next 9 weeks it's crazy that I'll be racing 2 half ironmans, an olympic and a sprint...all of which are going to be in a 5 week span.  So what that means is mid-week long runs, one weekend day of racing, and the other weekend day as a long ride.

I finally downloaded my pictures from San Diego, so here are a few more:

The view from my hotel in Encinitas, the ocean is to the left and I could see that too

One of my sunset beach runs

Courtesy of Theresa Ancona, I had no idea she was even taking the picture, thanks though!

Surfers...

Not sure where I was, but riding in the sunshine is just amazing

2 comments:

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Nice pics! Good luck!

Theresa said...

Your welcome, and I actually thought you saw the camera. But, really, I'm just that good!! :)

What oly are you doing? And what else is on schedule besides KS and CDA? I really hope our paths cross at another race soon!