Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why Does It Continue To Hurt???

Usually Thursdays I have great rides on the computrainer at Endure It.  And though I wouldn't say the ride was bad...it wasn't great.  I really had to work to hit my numbers, and trust me I'm not complaining, I love doing the work.  Actually as time went on during the set I started to feel stronger...maybe it was the other people suffering which really helped to motivate me.  I don't know, but either way it was work.  On paper the set doesn't look all that difficult, and it really shouldn't have been...but it was work:

15' warm up
4 x 10' (no rest)
-2' @ 80%
-2' @ 90%
-1' @ AT
-1' @ 80%
-1' @ 90%
-2' @ AT
-1' @ 70%
Cool Down

I mean there was only 12 minutes at threshold, 12 minutes at 90%, 12 minutes at 80% and 4 minutes at 70%.

Enough about the bike...the sun is out, and I feel like it's been forever since we've seen it in Chicago.  I'm going to take my Zoot Ultra TT 4.0's out for a spin this afternoon...I'm shooting for 8-10 miles and maybe another 3-4 later tonight.

With no school tomorrow I'm going to try to get a high volume day in with a couple of runs, a long ride and maybe a little swim too.  Here's the plan for tomorrow for my training day:

5:30 a.m. - Breakfast
6:00 a.m. - Run # 1 (3-4 miles easy)
7:00 a.m. - Long Ride (4-5 hours in the rain)
12:00 p.m. - Transition Run (5-6 miles tempo pace)
1:00 p.m. - Lunch

Maybe I'll get to squeeze a swim in later in the afternoon, but I have to take Winther to the vet to get his knee checked out, hopefully we can get him fixed soon so that he can join me on runs once again!

Saturday should be nicer, so another ride and some running are definitely in order!  My swimming assault is going to start next week.  I have a few key workouts that I want to fit in every week, and I can't wait to get this season rolling.  I want to get that first race out of the way with so that I can see where my fitness is right now.  Until I race it will have to remain unknown...I've been training hard, hopefully it will pay off!

No comments: