Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dodging Worms...When Will the Rain Stop?

I'll get to the title in a second, but are there ever times when you just want to put someone in their place?  I mean really say what you're thinking, yet you really shouldn't...I mean you could but it would not be in your best interest?  I suppose these people aren't worth the effort...so I'll drop it.

Anyway this weather in Chicago right now is not the best!  We have had so much rain lately that I've been trying to avoid the worms on the roads and sidewalks during my rides and runs, luckily I don't have that issue swimming, if I did then there would be some serious problems!  If I could just make a request that the rain stop I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't mind running in the rain all that much, actually I enjoy it if it's warm outside...but riding in the rain just sucks.  There is no other way to explain it.

Training has been going well, I've kept  things pretty well rounded this week with a couple of swims, bikes and runs so far.  My legs feel heavy, and so I usually don't feel like running, although I feel great after a few miles.  I was reading the blog for Dave Jewell who is definitely a shoe guru and a great runner and he does something awesome with his 12 year old son.  Every week they go for a 40 minute run together.  He talks about it here, and I just thought it was a really neat idea!  http://endorphinfanatics.blogspot.com/

I should hit one of my largest running months yet this month, and I'm feeling injury free which is great!  2 months from today is Ironman CDA, and I can't wait.  I figured out my race shoes today...the Zoot Race 3.0 are going to be my weapon of choice.  I can't wait to get more miles on them!!

No comments: