Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This Weather Sucks!

Alright so we're towards the end of April, sure we've had a few nice days so far, but I am tired of the WIND and the rain.  I think I could deal with the rain if it were warmer, but the wind SUCKS!!!  I know it's going to be windy on the bike course in Hawaii, especially by Hawi...but that's Hawaii and it's to be expected.  Why do I need to train with it day in and day out here in spring in Chicago?  Alright I guess that's enough about the weather.

Training has been going well.  I've been riding and running quite a bit, the swimming hasn't quite been there, but I have plans to make that work.  This mornings computrainer class was tough, I don't know if it's because I ran 12 yesterday and rode 23 or because of all of the training that I've been doing, but it was tough none the less.  Our set this morning was:

15' warm up
15 x 3'
-1' @ 120%
-1' @ 90%
-1' RI
Cool Down

Ever since I tested my threshold a few weeks ago (it might be close to a month by now) the workouts have been much more difficult.  This is going to pay off...at least I hope it does.  The funny thing about the workout today though was that it was hard from the start, but it never really became more difficult.  Usually it's tougher to hold through the middle...but today it was just as hard in the first set as it was in the last.

Let's hope that the weather breaks for my long ride on Saturday...I doubt that it will, so it's going to be a long, lonely, rainy sufferfest Saturday morning.  Something I can handle...and need to love!

No comments: