Monday, November 5, 2012

Nothing Flashy...

Sorry about the absence on the blog.  Since we've arrived home from Hawaii it's been busy with a variety of different things.  I took some down time, which is the first time I've done that in a few years.  It felt weird, I got crabby, motivated, and my mind went a million different directions (which gets really scary!!). 

So after about a two and a half week break I decided it was time to get back on the horse.  I had a lot of time to think and reflect back on the 2012 season.  I can't complain.  I didn't race much, but when I did I made it count (well most of the time). 3 Ironman races of which there were 2 Kona Qualifying performances and the 3rd performance (although not my best) in Kona, not a bad way to spend 5 months.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work, tackling some home remodel projects (of which I only have one fully functioning bathroom right now...and it's pretty ghetto), and most importantly helping Brit plan our wedding. 

The theme for 2013 was today's title..."Nothing Flashy" and that's the plan, I don't plan on doing anything crazy...just trying to stay consistent day in and day out to put the work in.

Work Works.

1 comment:

cheap jane said...

A different version of an ironman race. It's called, Iron man home construction and wedding plan. Let us know how the two goes. We wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the before and after on the bathroom either.

Good luck =D