Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preparation / Hibernation

I raced Saturday, ran semi-long on Sunday and am going to use the rest of the week to be sort of a "recovery" week.  I'm going to do this for a few reasons.  It's the time when you rest that you make true gains right?  I'll be in San Diego this weekend, so I'm not bringing a bike with me, I'll be able to swim and run, but want to spend some down time before a big final build to Ironman Arizona.

I watched IMWI on Sunday which was motivating for me, not to just finish, but I saw people who I have been racing with this year do extremely well.  That was awesome to see!  It helped to boost my confidence knowing that I'm a similar caliber athlete to these guys and I know I can do well.  Yes I need to put the work in, and after a little physical/mental break this week I'm going to enter "Hibernation" mode.

For me this is going to mean some big time training, with some long distances and high volume.  This is the final push up to IMAZ and I don't want to have any regrets.  I have some pretty big goals for rides/runs that I'm going to be doing.  I have 6 weeks of hard training after this weekend before a couple weeks to taper.  Sunday's are going to be dedicated to some serious riding/running.  So if you're not doing anything on a Sunday and want to meet me somewhere to exchange water bottles please let me know.

The opening to this song is something I'm going to have to have running through my head for the weeks to come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2wA0Te0wM

No comments: