Thursday, September 16, 2010

Unplugged

I have been running "unplugged" (no not from my i-pod) from my Garmin ever since Pigman, when I lost it.  I can honestly say that I hate not knowing how fast, or how far I have gone.  If I'm going for a "run" with a friend then fine I can be content with going easy for x amount of minutes.  But if I'm by myself I want to be able to know what I'm doing.  I picked up my Garmin from the post office on Monday and ended up running over 9 miles on Tuesday.  This is a "recovery" week and I know I shouldn't have run that much, but I wanted to make sure it was working properly.  Really it just gave me an excuse to go run.  If only I had something similar for swimming!

A fun weekend awaits, my cousin is getting married in San Diego.  It's always fun to hang out with the family, and I've never been to San Diego so I'm really looking forward to the trip.  I have my running shoes and Garmin packed, if I use them great, if not no big deal.  The "hibernation" begins on Monday so I want to enjoy the last couple days of freedom before I start to hit it hard on the training front.  Can't wait for the big bike/run bricks!

No comments: