Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Running is a funny thing...

So my new running streak is now at 2 days.  It was an awesome day to run, besides the fact that there were 20+ mph wind gusts on the way out.  Which just meant I had them at my back on the way back.  Since I lost my Garmin at Pigman it's been tougher to get out the door to run. I shouldn't be that dependent on the GPS, but you get used to it.  The good news is that the new one is on its way, let's hope it gets here sooner rather than later though.

So needless to say I have been running with no idea of how fast or really how far.  I've been using http://www.mapmyrun.com/ at times to see an approximate distance and then can figure out my pace, but haven't worried about it prior to today.  The first quarter mile or so today felt great, then it sucked for a while, then I picked up the dogs and they helped to set a good pace, eventually their pace fell off and I was back to pace setting, dropped them off at home and had the wind at my back.  I was hoping that my pace was under a 7 minute mile, and was really going to be happy with 6:40's.  I checked map my run and as it turns out I ended up running 8.6 miles in 55 minutes for an average pace of 6:23.  It's wierd because I never felt that great, but I'm satisfied with that pace.  Hopefully with 2 months of consistent hard training prior to tapering for Ironman I will be where I want to be.  Today was a good start though!

No comments: